Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

SAW 2012... on like Donkey Kong


I'm going to Squam and it's on like Donkey Kong. Last year I was left with a really awesome positive sense of focus; I felt inspired and ready to hop on the creative craft-o-matic steam train: big plans for a fabric collection based on my owls, big plans to resuse and repurpose old wooden furniture. However, when I got home, 99% of that awesomepositivefocus dissolved under reality's weight of day-to-day responsibilities and, in less than a month, I became really frustrated. I kind of put it out of my mind (maybe a survival instinct to make it through the Holidays...?)
My good friend emailed me (a reminder) this last weekend about the retreat and I read it last night at 1AM-ish. Maybe it was because I was covered in the results of Nora's stomach flu, maybe it was the sleeplessness, maybe it was just the sense of calm (in spite of the other two aforementioned possibilities) that I felt when I thought about attending, but- on a complete whim- I completed my application and sent in the deposit this morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment