Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Made: Smock!


I'm in smock love with my new smock. SMOCK! Smock is definitely one of those words which starts to sound weird the more you say it (even if you brain say it).


I was cutting up old maternity shirts and using the bottom halves to make skirts for Nora. I still had all these top halves. The hard part (neckline and sleeves) was already done. I cut the green fabric on the bias and joined the triangles (grain matching) to make a long trapazoid.
Added the pocket, fake darts, and bias tape at the bottom.


I'm pretty happy with the final result and have plans to make a second smock, same method.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for smocks! one of my fave words too. yours is so cute and seemed very useful in class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, bonus, it makes me feel like a craft ninja! I wish I could wear it to work.

      Delete