Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

r2d2 Quilt... humble beginnings



The boy has outgrown his current blanket and needs a new comforter. I want(ed) to make him something that- as he grows into the nerd-child he is destined to be (based on his parentage)- he will feel good about for years to come.

Yesterday he and I drew a giant bust of r2d2.

I've already decided that my quilting skills (or lack thereof) are not conducive to actual piecing so I'm going to applique the entire thing.I ironed heavy weight fusible interfacing to some grey fabric and cut out the basic shape.This week I'm going to iron fusible interfacing to the rest of the colors and cut out the remainder of the shapes.I'm toying with the idea of making background color either solid gray or orange and yellow (yellow is his favorite color) for the planet and sky of Tatooine... and I haven't decided if I'm going to incorporate the multiple moons...

No comments:

Post a Comment